The Migrant Workers Centre Incorporated (MWC) is an organisation set up to educate migrant workers about their rights and to organise collectively to defend and extend these rights. It also conducts evidence-based research to support its organising and advocacy activities.
HOW THIS POLICY APPLIES
This Policy applies to personal information the MWC Inc collects from you:
- via one of our websites;
- via social media;
- via telephone;
- via email;
- via fax;
- in person; and/or
- in writing.
This Policy also applies to personal information the MWC Inc collects from any other third party, about you.
MWC INC WEBSITES
MWC Inc websites collect two types of information. The first type is anonymous information. The web server makes a record of your visit a range of information.
The second type of information that MWC Inc websites collect is personal information. Personal information is requested in order to provide personalised and enhanced services that are not available to anonymous users. Cookies may be used on the MWC Inc websites.
Our websites may contain links to other websites and social media pages including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of the entities responsible for those websites.
THE PURPOSES FOR WHICH PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED, HELD, USED AND DISCLOSED
MWC Inc collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information including your email address to:
- assist you with industrial relations and employment queries;
- inform you about industrial, social and political campaigns;
- inform you about your rights at work;
- inform you about changes to legislation;
- refer you to an appropriate union;
- improve our service delivery;
- manage the MWC Inc’s relationship with you;
- conduct surveys and research;
- provide educational services and professional development; and/or
- to subscribe you to the MWC Inc’s email newsletter(s).
USING YOUR INFORMATION FOR DIRECT MARKETING
You consent to our use and disclosure of your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing which may include providing you with information about campaigns, events, products or services which may be of interest to you.
UNSUBSCRIBING AND OPTING OUT
If you no longer wish to receive direct marketing or other communications, you may request at any time to cancel your consent to such communications by communicating in writing to us.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
MWC Inc may disclose your personal information, in connection with or to further the purposes outlined above, to:
- affiliated trade unions;
- related trades halls or labour councils;
- organisations to whom we have a relationship with (including information technology providers, print service providers, mail houses);
- otherwise as you have consented; and/or
- otherwise as required by law.
HOW THE MWC INC HOLDS PERSONAL INFORMATION
Wherever reasonably practicable MWC Inc holds electronic personal information on data servers that are owned and controlled by MWC Inc in Australia. The data servers are password protected and login secured.
MWC Inc will take reasonable steps to ensure that any third party providers comply with the APPs, or are subject to a law or scheme that is at least substantially similar to the way in which the APPs protect information.
VARIATIONS TO THE POLICY
This Policy may be varied from time to time and an updated version will be posted on the MWC Inc’s websites. Please check our websites regularly to ensure that you have the most recent version of the Policy.