Skip navigation

Get Help

The Migrant Workers Centre offers free and confidential advice to any worker who was born overseas.

Our service is open to all people born outside Australia who work or live in Victoria, including refugees and asylum seekers, international students, working holiday visa holders, other temporary visa holders, permanent residents, and citizens.

The MWC can provide information and support in relation to:

  • Pay and other entitlements (such as penalty rates, overtime, and superannuation),
  • Workplace injuries,
  • Workplace safety concerns (including risks to mental health),
  • Termination and unfair dismissal,
  • Discrimination and victimisation in the workplace,
  • Other workplace issues such as cashback schemes and sham contracting.

The MWC does NOT provide information or support in relation to:

  • Visas,
  • Job-seeking,
  • Taxation,
  • Disputes between genuine businesses.

Making an enquiry

Online form Phone Walk-ins

You can make an enquiry with the Migrant Workers Centre to talk about a workplace issue or get help accessing support using the form below.

Make an enquiry on the phone by calling us on
(03) 7009 6710 between
9am and 4:30pm Monday to Friday.

You can come to our office between
9am and 4:30pm Monday to Friday:

Victorian Trades Hall Council
54 Victoria St, Carlton VIC 3053
(enter via Victoria Street)

Interpreter services for other languages are also available - please use the English form and indicate the language needed.

Our service hours are Monday to Friday from 9am to 4:30pm. Please let us know if you are unable to be contacted during those times.


At your appointment, you will speak to an organiser from the Migrant Workers Centre who will listen to your concerns or questions and provide you with information. We may also ask you for basic details about your visa, work conditions and workplace as this helps us understand what kind of support we can provide. This information is kept confidential and will not be shared with anyone. If it's determined that you have been injured, suffered harassment or bullying, experienced wage theft or another form of exploitation - we can provide advice on the next steps to seek compensation, reclaim stolen wages or to access support. What happens next is your decision.

Please bring as much supporting information as you can to your appointment - most importantly your employment contract, workplace enterprise agreement if you have one, rosters and timesheets, and records of any relevant work emails or messages.

Sign up and help create a fairer society for migrant workers and temporary visa holders.