The Migrant Workers Centre welcomes referrals from settlement services, employment services, community legal centres, and other community organisations.
Our services are always free and confidential, and can be accessed by all people born outside of Australia, including refugees and asylum seekers, international students, working holiday visa workers, other temporary visa holders, permanent residents, and citizens.
Please us the form below to initiate a referral. If you wish to discuss the case with us, you will need to complete a Third Party Authority Form with the client being referred, which you can download here.
The MWC can provide information and support in relation to:
- Pay and other entitlements (such as penalty rates, overtime, and superannuation),
- Workplace safety concerns (including psychosocial safety),
- Workplace injuries,
- Unfair dismissal,
- Discrimination and victimisation in the workplace,
- Other workplace issues such as cashback schemes and sham contracting.
The MWC does NOT provide information or support in relation to:
- Disputes between genuine businesses.
If you need to speak to the MWC urgently, please call us on (03) 9659 3516. If you would like to discuss a mutual referral arrangement with your organisation, please contact us on [email protected].